Normal Topic Hi,I served in Mauritius fromAug 1968 to Sep 1970 (Read 7,259 times)
HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Hi,I served in Mauritius fromAug 1968 to Sep 1970
10th Oct, 2007 at 4:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
Name: David Kenneth Butler (golf4zmp@butler95.freeserve.co.uk) 
Date: Sun 29 Jul 2007 20:44:44 BST
Subject: e-mail response
  Hi,I served in Mauritius fromAug 1968 to Sep 1970, we must have passed. I was an RS in the Commcen.
Out there with my ex wife Gill and 2 children
David Kenneth Butler

The Administrator.
IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Re:  Hi,I served in Mauritius fromAug 1968 to
Reply #1 - 10th Oct, 2007 at 4:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Name: Martin Randle (admin@hmsmauritius.org.uk) 
Date: Sun 29 Jul 2007 20:54:43 BST
Subject: Old Ships
  Thanks for the 'Dit' Dave,
What watch were you in? Your face is familiar but I think we were in differing watches. I was in 'D' watch throughout; Vince Eager was TARE superviser for a while along with Bungy Williams - remember them?
I recall CRS Excell as being the Comcen Chief. Other names that spring to mind are Mick and Connie North: Dave and Maureen Potter: Bill and Helen Wallace: Andy and Maggie Capps: Steve and Sue West (I believe Steve picked his 'Pots' rate up whilst he was out there). Brian and Pat Hearns (Brian later joined the Army briefly): Derek and Jackie Bishop: Barry (Ziggy) and Betty Cahill (Barry crossed the bar last year). Ginge and Mary Langseth: Jim (ships Co.) and Val Watling - and many more we are still trying to recall!
Among the VM's we remember are Mick (Scouse) French, Brum Ball, Lofty Rowe, Lynn Pardoe, little Jan (can't recall her surname) and Carol ? who worked alongside CRS Excell. Happy days - sometimes!!
Do you mind if I put your Pic and brief detail on the web page. It may well produce some more 'Old Ships'!
Regards,
Martin (Randy)Randle

The Administrator.
IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Reply #2 - 2nd Dec, 2007 at 6:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Do you remember me from C Watch in 1969 to Jan 1971. I was called Bouncy/brum Ball. I seem to recall your names and hope you do likewise. I think the website is really good and have spent a lot of time just browsing. I have a lot of photos but cant get them on to the web as I havent got the software.
Please reply even if You don’t remember me
All the best
I live in Daventry Northants at present

Kind Regards
Chris Ball

The Administrator.
IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Reply #3 - 2nd Dec, 2007 at 6:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi,
Thanks for the dit Brum; If you are who we believe you to be, then you are one and the same VM Brum Ball who was in ‘D’ watch; along with Mick French, Lofty Rowe, and the Wren lasses Lynne Pardoe and Little Jan – Do they ring any bells with you?

Let us know.  Glad the site has brought back some memories – drop us another dit.
Regards

Chris and Mart (Randy) Randle
Smiley

The Administrator.
IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Reply #4 - 2nd Dec, 2007 at 6:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Chris and Martin , I have just got into work this morning and am reading your email.
Thanks so much for replying. It is all coming back to me now and I remember all the names you have said. That was a really good watch to be in and we had some great times. It is so good to be able to recall the time I had at Mauritius as I had two great drafts there.
When did you finish there and what are you doing now?
I work for the Ford Parts Centre at Daventry, Northants. I left the navy in 1976 and have been married for 31 years to Sue and have two children. Emma, 29 and Stuart 26. Both are doing very well for themselves.
Where do you live now.
This coming Friday 28th I shall be taking a special early retirement package and so with me at 58 I shall, hopefully be doing the things I want to do and go out and enjoy myself and not have to get up at the silly times I do now, namely 0530. Brings back memories of the watches I kept on board.
Do keep in touch and it would be great at some point to be able to meet up as I have loads of photos to recollect and put names to faces
All the best to you both
Best wishes
Chris (Brum/Bouncy ) Ball

The Administrator.
IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Reply #5 - 2nd Dec, 2007 at 6:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello again shipmate.

You lucky sod – retiring on Friday - I’m having to work the full watch!!   Good luck to and yours for the future.
We have two Lads both married and living in Rugby and two great Grandkids.  We lived in Rugby ourselves for a number of years and both of us still work there, so we are not far away; we moved to Bedworth several years ago. 

Since e-mailing you, another name has come to mind – remember Scotty?  We reckon you and he were good mates at the time!

When you get your feet back on the ground (following Fridays do) we shall have to meet up in order to get your pics on the site.

We are off to a Ganges Reunion at Scarborough on Friday (a damn good run ashore), back on board again next week.
See you then.
Chris & Mart
Wink

The Administrator.
IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Reply #6 - 2nd Dec, 2007 at 6:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello to you both and I am at my last day (well supposedly working day ) today. Thanks for your email.
Yes Scottie was a very good mate of mine but have lost track of him over the years. Would love to be able to find him again.
Fancy us living so near each other. Another mate of mine LREM Michael Mcilroy (MAC) was out there in 69 to 71 and I have tracked him down and he lives in Countesthorpe near Lutterworth. We have exchanged emails. Do you remember him. He was in my watch the first time. Yes it would be great to meet up and to be able to put the photos on the site. Another mate of mine. Frank Smudge Smith has been in touch and we had a weekend walking together a couple of weeks ago. At present he is in Ireland and then off to the Gambia in Novemeber. Do you remember him as well. It's great to be able to recollect from all those years ago.
Have a good weekend at Ganges.
All the best
Chris Bouncy/Brum

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Vince Eager

I Love HMS Mauritius

Reply #7 - 2nd Jan, 2008 at 6:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Dave

Remember u very well.  Happy new year and regards

Vince Eager

IP Logged

mauritius1969

Born Vacous, HMS Mauritius.

Reply #8 - 4th Feb, 2008 at 9:26am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi

My name is Heather Hearns I was born Sept 69 on the most beautiful Island.( I have only seen pictures) Sad .
My Parents Patricia and Brian were out there the same time as you maybe you remember them? Unfortunatley they dont have the Internet at home but I will gladly pass on any messages.

I do know that they are friends with the Randel's and the Bishop's.

IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Reply #9 - 4th Feb, 2008 at 9:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
mauritius1969 wrote on 4th Feb, 2008 at 9:26am:
Hi

My name is Heather Hearns I was born Sept 69 on the most beautiful Island.( I have only seen pictures) Sad .
My Parents Patricia and Brian were out there the same time as you maybe you remember them? Unfortunatley they dont have the Internet at home but I will gladly pass on any messages.

I do know that they are friends with the Randel's and the Bishop's.

Hi, Heather,
Great to hear from you.  We flew out on the same flight as your folks, your sister Corinne and our young son Tony.  We had Naval Hirings together at the Casa Maria prior to moving to HMS.
I hope Mum and Dad are keeping well; we exchange Xmas cards each year but it would be nice to meet up with you all sometime - it will happen one day.
Chris & Martin
Smiley

The Administrator.
IP Logged