Normal Topic Subject: We were there 1967-1969 (Read 2,129 times)
HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Subject: We were there 1967-1969
10th Oct, 2007 at 4:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
Name: Geoff and Pat Gale (geoffngale@hotmail.com) 
Date: Sun 05 Aug 2007 21:05:39 BST
Subject: We were there 1967-1969
  Well done Chris and Mart for setting up this site. Pat and I went out in Oct 1967 returned in November 1969. Great to see the photos it brings back lots of memories. Dave Potter who is standing next to you was a good friend as we knew each other from HMS LION but we have lost touch now, I know he lived in Swindon. I was an LRO in C watch, I left the Navy in 1971. We live in Taunton in Somerset and have just moved, so very busy getting the place up to scratch. When that is done and I have some time will get out the albums which are in a box in a bigger box in a barn about 15 miles away. I know there is a good picture of C Watch. The reason I found you website was a message on friends united from a Robert Chase who has set up a site about Maurtitius, however the only access is through Friends United and I am not a member and will not join as am to busy at the moment. Lots of names on the site and it did mention Dez Dezousa who I remember, so if you have not yet found that it may be of some interest

The Administrator.
IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Re: Subject: We were there 1967-1969
Reply #1 - 10th Oct, 2007 at 4:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
Name: Martin Randle (admin@hmsmauritius.co.uk) 
Date: Mon 06 Aug 2007 15:52:04 BST
Subject: Dave Potter
  Hi Geoff,
//
Welcome aboard. Pictures from you will be welcome when you have settled in - maybe 18 months or so!! Dave Potter still lives in Swindon I believe, met up with him a few years ago now, he was gainfully employed as a traffic cop in the Wiltshire Constabulary! He made contact again this year through Forces Reunited, and mentioned he was now Driving for the Wincanton Haulage Group. This 'tinternet' certainly keeps us in-touch - hopefully he will log on to the site so we can catch up. I'm in the process of compiling a list of 'old ships'keep a look out - any other suggestions on improving the site would be welcome.
Regards
//
Martin

The Administrator.
IP Logged