Normal Topic Subject: Dave Potter (Read 2,897 times)
HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Subject: Dave Potter
10th Oct, 2007 at 4:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
Name: Martin (Randy) Randle (admin@hmsmauritius.co.uk) 
Date: Mon 06 Aug 2007 15:55:06 BST
Subject: Dave Potter
  Hi Geoff,
//
Welcome aboard. Pictures from you will be welcome when you have settled in - maybe 18 months or so!! Dave Potter still lives in Swindon I believe, met up with him a few years ago now, he was gainfully employed as a traffic cop in the Wiltshire Constabulary! He made contact again this year through Forces Reunited, and mentioned he was now Driving for the Wincanton Haulage Group. This 'tinternet' certainly keeps us in-touch - hopefully he will log on to the site so we can catch up. I'm in the process of compiling a list of 'old ships' keep a look out - any other suggestions on improving the site would be welcome.
Regards
//
Martin

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Dave Potter

Re: Subject: Dave Potter
Reply #1 - 22nd Nov, 2007 at 2:03am
Print Post Print Post  
'Ello Martin,  nice to speak again after all these years,  I'm just getting used to all this computerizing, so you'll have to bear with me, but stumbling onto this site is terrific.  I just looked down a list of message 'subjects' on a particular page and was amazed to see my own name so I'm typing this out in reply but ain't got a clue really as to what I'm doing!!  I'll speak some time later at length.  Regards and keep up the good work - Dave 'Moonraker' POTTER.

IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Re: Subject: Dave Potter
Reply #2 - 22nd Nov, 2007 at 7:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
I was wondering how long it would take the 'old gang' to find us!! No contact yet from Andy/Maggie, Mick/Connie, Steve/Sue Billy/Helen.  We will included site details within the crissy cards.
I believe Tony has been in touch with you, he and is son (our Grandson), the brains behind this site. Like you Dave, all these new fangled gismos are beyond me but it does beat a signal hoist.
I sent an e-mail to Wincanton some months ago requesting they pass contact details on to you if possible - that obvioiusly didn't happen!!  No matter, great to hear from you we will need to meet up when your this way.  Speak to you soon
Regards,
Chris & Mart Smiley

The Administrator.
IP Logged