Normal Topic Subject: COMMCEN RO2 (Read 2,251 times)
HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Subject: COMMCEN RO2
10th Oct, 2007 at 4:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
Name: ALLAN ANDERSON (allan.anderson728@land.mod.uk) 
Date: Thu 30 Aug 2007 14:49:45 BST
Subject: COMMCEN RO2
  HI
What a great site this is, best I have seen so far shown the places I remember. I was in the Commcen working on Tare from 1972 - 1974. Spent most of my off time looking for shells (conchology) and having the occassional beers. Remember LRO FROGGET. When we were out there
we had Hurricane Gervais hit the island and caused alot of damage. We cleared the way between
the airport and Hms Mauritius. The russians done the rest (I think) though there were people still living in tents when we left after about a year. I initially live in 'Sainte Paul' for the first six weeks or so. My son James was born out there while I sailed around the island in bosun dingheys. Never got bit by Mozzies, thats because of the Phoenix beer that was drunk kept them away. I left the navy in 1982 after serving some time of subs. Worked for the Mod and now Fujitsu. But Mauritius Great place lots of memories.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Re: Subject: COMMCEN RO2
Reply #1 - 10th Oct, 2007 at 4:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Name: Martin Randle (admin@hmsmauritius.co.uk) 
Date: Fri 31 Aug 2007 21:52:49 BST
Subject: Response
  //
Thanks for your 'dit' Allan. Glad it brought back a few memories. Keep an eye on the site - its managed to reunite a few 'old ships' since flashing it up.
//
Martin

The Administrator.
IP Logged