Normal Topic navy school (Read 5,159 times)
suee
Ex Member

navy school
26th Oct, 2007 at 7:10am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi everone,
I was in Mauritius with my family in 1967 to 1969 i was one of them that lived on the base in a house and went to the school my dad was in the police on the base
I would love to here from somone you went there too i was 13 then and it was not that much fun at the school but i was good at sport so it made up for it all
I was there when mr cook was, also when mr sallavin was there too
Mrs richards,
I only lived down the road from the school
I too loved cilli cakes
and chaland beach club, i lived at the pool we would all hang out there
has a child i did not like how we had to be in our own side
I live in australian now and have for the last 31 years
THANKS

IP Logged

AndyL

I Love HMS Mauritius

Re: navy school
Reply #1 - 27th Oct, 2007 at 5:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi,
Good to hear someone else enjoyed their childhood their without any politics. Was your fathers name Bailey?? If so we must have all been about the same time. I seem to recall we had a Biology teacher whos name was miss Pearson. I sat my 11+ at the school during the summer holidays as we came out at just the wrong time for me to get it done in the UK. Its good to recall all the stories about life their and we all dieted on the Chilli cakes. I used to look forward to the Lychee season when they used to sell them still on the branch, cheap as chips when you see the price they are in the supermarkets here.
All the best

Andy

IP Logged

davebrundell

I Love HMS Mauritius

Reply #2 - 7th Nov, 2007 at 12:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi,
I was also in Mauritius in 1969 when I was about 12/13 yrs old, lived on the base and me and my brother ,Paul would walk to the RN school every day.
Our father used to run the Beach Club Le Chaland and we would go there every weekend snookelling and shelling.  I also remember Mr Cook and Mr Sullivan. But most of all I remember Mr Reynolds the Maths/Science teacher, we would DREAD double Maths and Science.  Another teacher I remember was our english teacher Mrs Robinson or Richardson she organised a school play called Cinderella to show the parents. It was a huge success. Some of the kids names that I remember in my class were Jamie Dunmoe (football wizz kid), Lynn Foxhall and Mark Avery.   In 1973 our family moved to Australia and we have been in Australia ever since.

I have also checked google earth and the on base married quaters are still there..

Cheers
DaveB

IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Reply #3 - 18th Nov, 2007 at 10:34am
Print Post Print Post  
Great pictures being sent in now.
Keep em coming!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

spitfire

I Love HMS Mauritius

Reply #4 - 5th Mar, 2013 at 11:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
nothing good about that school was a pupil there from 65-68 the teachers were villians and Cooke the head was a bully 1st class Sad

IP Logged