Normal Topic Hello My family we there in 63 - 66 (Read 2,169 times)
rainy

I Love HMS Mauritius

Hello My family we there in 63 - 66
29th Oct, 2007 at 7:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi, Thanks to Chris Pearce who I have known since Mauritius who has told us about the site.  I was only a mere tot, he would babysit for me!  My parents Sid and June Heaton were posted out in 63 and came back in 66.  I have some memories but I was the youngest of three children.  We have many many photos in the archives and my parents still tell fantastic tales of parties etc.  We have always had a bar in every house that we have lived in since and as we live together now we still keep up the old tradition.  In fact we have a certificate framed on the wall of the bar from the Admiralty Social Club Mauritius.  I will have to talk mum and dad into penning a few details of the old days.  Cheesy

I do remember my nursery school teacher - Mrs Swan - telling me off for holding on to a bamboo stick whilst talking to my brother through the fence (he was in the other school) and getting a smack!  I was mortified and have never forgotten her! Sad

I will keep my eye on the site.  One day I would like to go back and see what I can remember.  My brother went back for his honeymoon a few years ago.

Hello Chris ....

Will keep watching

Rainy

IP Logged

ChrisPearce

I Love HMS Mauritius

Re: Hello My family we there in 63 - 66
Reply #1 - 29th Oct, 2007 at 8:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Loraine.
     Smiley Chris

IP Logged