Normal Topic I am Robert H Chase, 'Charlie' Chase (Read 3,741 times)
Robert (Charlie) Chase 1974

administrator at another
 HMS Mauritius website

I am Robert H Chase, 'Charlie' Chase
2nd Nov, 2008 at 8:53pm
Print Post Print Post  

I served in the R.N. Nov 1970 to Nov 1992. I was at HMS Mauritius from Nov '73 to Nov '74.  I was a single man living on the V.M.s patch.  
I was REM1, working in the Comcen, Systems with LREM Jim Langlois and POREL Sean Best.
I was 23 yrs old and had only been in the Navy 3 yrs, so still had a lot to learn.
Mauritius taught me how to drink if nothing else.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time. I was able to play a lot of football, I was in the 2nd XI. I was a small fella with a big untidy beard.

I registered on this site 11 Oct 2007.

But I now want to tell you about another HMS Mauritius site - I am an administrator at it - some of you are already members.

It is a 'private' site that is not open to the public. I can get you as a member at this site - just e-mail me and you will receive e-mail that will allow you to become a member - it is free.
As at 02 Nov 2008 we are 175 members.  You will see many that you must know. You will be able to contact old lost oppos by e-mail.  It is easy to upload your photos. We now have more than 1,100 photos, we even have 6 videos.  People are getting back in touch with old mates, we had our first reunion 25 Oct 2008. It was fantastic.

So, go now to 'Members' - you will find me near the top of the list - you can e-mail me from there.  Tell me When you served at HMS, Rate at HMS, Place of Work, if not of the Comms Branch.
Tell me as much as you can. And any nickname at HMS that you would be better remembered by. If you are a lady, the surname that you would have been known by at HMS.
And schoolchildren can join us too. And wives - just tell me the details of father/husband.

Regards,
Charlie
« Last Edit: 3rd Nov, 2008 at 10:05am by Robert (Charlie) Chase 1974 »  

REM1 'Charlie' Chase - Comcen, Systems - Nov 73 to Nov 74 ... There is another HMS Mauritius website - 'The M.V. Mauritius Veterans' - a 'private' site, please contact me for details.
IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

I am Robert H Chase, 'Charlie' Chase
Reply #1 - 20th Jan, 2009 at 3:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
This Topic was moved here from Share some info about yourself [move by] Admin.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Robert (Charlie) Chase 1974

administrator at another
 HMS Mauritius website

Re: I am Robert H Chase, 'Charlie' Chase
Reply #2 - 29th Mar, 2009 at 1:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
My photo below was taken shortly before leaving the R.N. - Nov 1992.

REM1 'Charlie' Chase - Comcen, Systems - Nov 73 to Nov 74 ... There is another HMS Mauritius website - 'The M.V. Mauritius Veterans' - a 'private' site, please contact me for details.
IP Logged