Locked Topic hms from 1966 - 1968 (Read 6,626 times)
ted dexter

I Love HMS Mauritius

hms from 1966 - 1968
11th Nov, 2008 at 9:20am

Hi all
I was stationed in HMS  Mauritius from 1966 - 1968 and it was the best draft of my 12 years in the mob - I cant remember the watch I was on (getting old now) but the RS in charge was Fred Perry whom I kept in contact with for many years. I used to belong to the sub-aqua club which was great fun, every day I had off I used to go diving - no wonder when I got back to the UK my marriage broke up. I took my killicks course out there, while all the lads were boozing it up every afternoon I was stuck in a class room but it paid off in the end as I passed. I can remember many nights in the Regent having a great time with the lads. On leaving the mob I worked down the MOD for a while then worked for British Petroleum for 24 years but unfortunately got made redundant in the late 90's and had a few jobs since but now I have decided to retire early and start my life again. I am now living in Anglesey North Wales - got married again 15 years ago and having a great time. If anyone remembers me please drop me a line - cheers - Ted Dexter

IP Logged

Robert (Charlie) Chase 1974

administrator at another
 HMS Mauritius website

Re: hms from 1966 - 1968
Reply #1 - 11th Nov, 2008 at 11:39am

Ted Dexter,
Please read the message that I have sent you.
Regards
Robert H Chase - 'Charlie' Chase

REM1 'Charlie' Chase - Comcen, Systems - Nov 73 to Nov 74 ... There is another HMS Mauritius website - 'The M.V. Mauritius Veterans' - a 'private' site, please contact me for details.
IP Logged

ted dexter

I Love HMS Mauritius

Reply #2 - 11th Nov, 2008 at 3:04pm

Hi = where abouts is the message that you have asked me to read = tks vm ted dexter

IP Logged

ted dexter

I Love HMS Mauritius

Reply #3 - 11th Nov, 2008 at 3:05pm

where abouts is the message that you have asked me to read - tks ted dexter

IP Logged

Robert (Charlie) Chase 1974

administrator at another
 HMS Mauritius website

Reply #4 - 11th Nov, 2008 at 3:33pm

Ted,
thanks for you e-mail - I shall be e-mailing you soon.
Charlie

REM1 'Charlie' Chase - Comcen, Systems - Nov 73 to Nov 74 ... There is another HMS Mauritius website - 'The M.V. Mauritius Veterans' - a 'private' site, please contact me for details.
IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Reply #5 - 13th Nov, 2008 at 8:46pm

Hi Ted,
Welcome to the site.  Interesting to note you now live in Anglesey; Chris and I now spend most of our free time in Treardur Bay - Have been involved with TS Ganges (the NW area Sea Cadet boating station) for the last 20+ years. I'm retiring next May and intend to spend even more time up there.
Keep in touch with the site.
Chris & Mart
NB: there is a link on the site to the TS Ganges site - take a look

The Administrator.
IP Logged