Normal Topic LAST ONE TO LEAVE (Read 5,432 times)
SO3

I Love HMS Mauritius

LAST ONE TO LEAVE
17th Dec, 2009 at 8:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
I only spent five months at HMS helping DSO Richard Jorgenson dispose of the assets.   It was the best time of my Naval Career and the saddest, knowing that no one else would enjoy the pleasures of HMS.   I first met my wife at HMS where she was Senior Nursing Sister Pamela Moss - one of the two midwives.   I wonder how many members remember her, or were perhaps delivered by her?
I had the very great pleasure of living in Gordon House (normally the Commander's residence) because there was no room for me in the officers' mess.   Sadly when I went to look for it three years ago it had been dulldozed and was a heap of scrap wood.
I was the last uniformed member of HMS to leave, but there were still a number of works staff there including my crib partner 'Dick' Moby.   Would be pleased to hear from anyone who remembers me and Pamela.   Malcolm Ward

IP Logged

irenecowley

I Love HMS Mauritius

Re: LAST ONE TO LEAVE
Reply #1 - 8th Nov, 2010 at 11:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi i remember Pam Moss, i served with her and left the hospital in the feb, i am sure i helped her deliver a few babies, iam sure there a few people who will remember her i have photo,s some where of us a camping weekend, when i find out to post them i will get them on line irene

IP Logged

Brigham

I Love HMS Mauritius

Reply #2 - 22nd Oct, 2011 at 5:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi, Malcolm.  I see you added names to the photograph of us all at the flag lowering. 

Hope you and Pam are keeping well.

IP Logged

Robert (Charlie) Chase 1974

administrator at another
 HMS Mauritius website

Reply #3 - 22nd Oct, 2011 at 11:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Brigham wrote on 22nd Oct, 2011 at 5:54pm:
Hi, Malcolm.  I see you added names to the photograph of us all at the flag lowering.  

Hope you and Pam are keeping well.

Hello Brigham
from REM1 'Charlie' Chase

REM1 'Charlie' Chase - Comcen, Systems - Nov 73 to Nov 74 ... There is another HMS Mauritius website - 'The M.V. Mauritius Veterans' - a 'private' site, please contact me for details.
IP Logged

Ian Hunneybell

HMS Mauritius (school)
1974-1976

Reply #4 - 13th Oct, 2012 at 5:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
My father FCREA Brian Hunneybell was one of the last to leave Tombeau and we left in March 1976. Happy to share thoughts and memories.

Dad died in 2000.
I am visiting the island for the first time since '76 at the end of this month, October 2012. Looking forward to it immensely.

Cheers,
Ian

IP Logged