Normal Topic Greetings from LREM/POREL John Nixon (Read 5,788 times)
JohnnyNix

HMS Mauritius was a happy
time

Greetings from LREM/POREL John Nixon
27th Jun, 2010 at 1:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello to all my friends and colleagues from my time in HMS Mauritius (1973-5).  I initially worked at Bigara as an LREM watchkeeper (Chief of Watch was Spike Hughes and later Steve Chivers) and then transferred to the Comcen as PO of the watch (Engineering). 

I have seen a post from our CPOPTI (Bagsy Baker) so will contact you soon, Bagsy.  I was fortunate to be in the first XI HMS football team with many good friends like Bagsy himself, Pete Latham, Brian Moverly, Brian Welch, Scouse Abbley, Tony Lewis (goalie) and many more.  I also played rugby and swam for HMS so many of my memories are sport-related (I have the medals to prove it too :-)).

My wife was Carol and we had a daughter (Lisa) and two sons, both born in the hospital at HMS (Philip and Christopher).  Our married quarter was the first block on the left with our close friends Tony and Yvonne Lewis on the top floor.

I have several photos so will post them soon but would like to hear from anyone who knew me during that wonderful phase of my career in the Navy.

Best wishes,

John Nixon

IP Logged

Robert (Charlie) Chase 1974

administrator at another
 HMS Mauritius website

Re: Greetings from LREM/POREL John Nixon
Reply #1 - 28th Jun, 2010 at 8:57am
Print Post Print Post  
John,
I would like to contact you.  I don't see your e-mail address.  Would you please contact me.

My e-mail address:
click here
-roberthchase@btinternet.com

There is another HMS Mauritius website - 'The M.V. Mauritius Veterans' - a 'private' site, please contact me for details.
We have many sports photos at the 'private' site.  I'm sure you are in some of them.
Today, 28 June, our other site has 288 members.  the site can only be viewed by members.
I can make you a member.   You will be able to make contact with many old mates.  Scouse Abley for a start.
Who could forget Scouse.   It is easy to upload your photos to the 'private' site yourself.

I was REM1 'Charlie' Chase at HMS Nov 73 to Nov 74.  I worked in Systems, in the Commcen.
Single, I lived on the VMs Patch.
I played in the HMS 2nd XI

Regards
Robert  (Charlie)  Chase

REM1 'Charlie' Chase - Comcen, Systems - Nov 73 to Nov 74 ... There is another HMS Mauritius website - 'The M.V. Mauritius Veterans' - a 'private' site, please contact me for details.
IP Logged

Robert (Charlie) Chase 1974

administrator at another
 HMS Mauritius website

Reply #2 - 28th Jun, 2010 at 9:05am
Print Post Print Post  
John,

I forgot to tell you.

Steve Chivers is a member of the other HMS site.
I'm sure there must be many others that you remember, and I'm sure that many will remember you.

Robert (charlie) Chase

REM1 'Charlie' Chase - Comcen, Systems - Nov 73 to Nov 74 ... There is another HMS Mauritius website - 'The M.V. Mauritius Veterans' - a 'private' site, please contact me for details.
IP Logged

JohnnyNix

HMS Mauritius was a happy
time

Reply #3 - 28th Jun, 2010 at 11:47am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Robert,

Thanks very much for contacting me and your e-mail address.  I will be in touch shortly.

Best regards,

John

IP Logged

TonyL

I Love HMS Mauritius

Reply #4 - 9th May, 2013 at 1:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi John,
Have been meaning to try and get in touch with you for many months.Yvonne and myself would love to hear how yourself and Carol are getting on.
Best regards Tony (Lewis)

IP Logged

Bombers

I Love HMS Mauritius

Reply #5 - 17th Apr, 2014 at 11:21am
Print Post Print Post  
That you John Boy?

IP Logged