Normal Topic PJ Kent (Read 2,304 times)
HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

PJ Kent
27th Jul, 2010 at 9:06am
Print Post Print Post  
We recieved this email from Tom Seville who is looking to contact Paul Kent who is in one of the photos posted on the main site (not sure which pic). I hope someone out there can help...

Message : Grateful if you would pass the following to P.J. Kent.

Dear Paul,
I was very interested to see a reference and photo of you, corroborating identity beyond doubt, on this website.

You possibly will not remember me, but we happened to be in the same Ganges class, and I remember you very well indeed. I am Tom H. Seville and in our Ganges days I was known, if at all, by vaious diminutives of my first and last names.

It is especially interesting that you served at Mauritius because I was also there a few years earlier. I arrived there in January 1962 with a group from CWRS (Ceylon West Radio Station) on its closure at about that time.

I hope you prospered in the years since then, and even if you don't remember me I can let you know that we were quite good friends at Ganges. It's nice to make your acquaintance after so many years, and I wish you the very best.

For myself I generally failed to adjust to the naval life and ended up with a 'psychological' discharge. (Their term. My own diagnosis was of a full-blown nervous breakdown. My discharge did not occur until I had served 10 years, almost to the end of my normal term. But there were good times, and Mauritius I remember with especial affection. I spent most of my off-duties walking between and around Vacoas and Curepipe.
After the navy I eventually qualified as a Certified Accountant. I also tried my hand a various business projects, with little more than mundane success at best.

For the past twenty years or so I have lived in semi-retirement in the Philippines, where I am still resident and intend to remain for the rest of my life. I am in excellent health and thoroughly enjoy my lifestyle here. I hope you made a good life for yourself, and if you would like to contract me I will be very pleased to hear from you.

Very cordially yours,
Tom Seville

The Administrator.
IP Logged

HMS Mauritius Admin
Forum Administrator

Enjoy the Forum!

Re: PJ Kent
Reply #1 - 28th Jul, 2010 at 9:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Regret to advise of the following notice posted on the Mauritius Vets Site  

New comment added to Robert (Charlie) Chase REM1 Comcen, Systems Nov 73 - Nov 74's photo           PJ Kent

It is with much sadness that we learn of the passing of   Paul Kent

his son, Simon informs us that PJ passed away this morning   25 July 2010

The Administrator.
IP Logged