Normal Topic School days 1974-1975 (Read 4,382 times)
will

I Love HMS Mauritius

School days 1974-1975
27th Sep, 2010 at 5:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi my name is William Ledger and i was at SCS and was looking to get in contact with anyone who was at school with me.I remember Tommy who was Bagsy the PTI ,S son also Katy who wasthe commanders daughter.

IP Logged

Marie and David Hague

I Love HMS Mauritius

Re: School days 1974-1975
Reply #1 - 3rd Oct, 2010 at 3:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
William,

It may be of no help for you to now that we were employed at the school 1974-76. Your name rang a bell immediately as David was your teacher. We also remember Tommy Baker and his sidekick Malcolm! We believe we also knew your father if he was a Petty Officer called Ted.

Marie & David Hague

IP Logged

will

I Love HMS Mauritius

Reply #2 - 3rd Oct, 2010 at 6:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
My dad was called Ted and he was a cremne if you have looked at the photos of the men with the dalek he is the one at the back on the left hand side. Will.

IP Logged

Ian Hunneybell

HMS Mauritius (school)
1974-1976

Reply #3 - 4th Mar, 2012 at 11:27am
Print Post Print Post  
My sister and I were there between May 1974 and March 1976 - Susan & Ian Hunneybell.

Dad was FCREA Brian Hunneybell who was down at Tombeau Bay receiver station.

Mr Hague! I do remember you, with reverence I must add. Ever since the day told the class that the capital of Holland was the same as your name - The Hague - I have remembered both their capital and my teacher that day!

I was short and pretty quiet, and a bit of a swot if truth be told, but I did enjoy school in general and my schooldays in Mauritius in particular.

William, I don't recall your name but we may not have been in the same class, and as I say, I was not very outgoing and so probably didn't know many people in the school. I was aged 9-11 while in Mauritius, and my sister was 11-13, maybe one of us was in the same year? I seem to recall there were two classes in each year. What a privileged childhood we had being taught in such a small school.

Thanks for the chance to rekindle memories.

After I grew up I lived in London for 20-odd years and am now in Both, leading a slightly quieter life. Non-military, I'm afraid, I never followed in my father's footsteps, turning to computers instead!

Cheers,
Ian

IP Logged

Jax

I Love HMS Mauritius

Reply #4 - 6th May, 2017 at 9:26am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi, I'm Jackie & my brothers were are Andrew & Simon, my mum ias Ann & my dad was CPO Spencer & our surname was Rawlins when my my family was in Mauritius in74/75. I remember Susan Hunneybell, Natalie & Tracey Bell, girls called Janine, Norma, boys called Stephen & Chris (I think was lieutenants son & into Queen). The Tracey's & others whose names I can't quite recall. I remember Bagsy Baker (he taught us to swim), weekends at Chaland beach club, riding the giant tortoises, running off over the old golf course, snorkelling & collecting shells; mum hanging the shells on dough hooks on the balcony to draw out the "ickeys ". Batty House, pictures, badminton & all sorts of activities in Traf. Hall. The market at Vacoas with the chilli cake man. Lordy we were so lucky!!!

IP Logged