Normal Topic An Rem's View 1773-1976 (Read 1,262 times)
ericjw47

I Love HMS Mauritius

An Rem's View 1773-1976
12th Dec, 2015 at 11:35am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Everybody, I am new to this site but I can give you all a brief history and we can move on from there.
My name is Eric Willis, and I served in HMS mauritius from july 1973 until Jan 1976. I spent my first eighteen months in the Comcen and then went to Tombau receiver station and I helped pack up some of the equipment at the end of the stations life. I was a lowly rem1 but really enjoyed my stay. I was married just before coming to mauritius to Sue so our stay there was a long honeymoon. For the first few months we lived in a ground floor flat at the top of the main road out side the main gate, then moved into married quarters. Sue was not so happy living outside but soon made friends once we move in. My son was born in the Naval hospital on 4th June 1975 and I can remember Sister Moss and Nurse Irene there. I know I have a lot of catching up to do and people to remember. I can say we enjoyed the activities in our 'spare' time or time off like, snorkaling'shelling', deep sea fishing, skiiing and the camping that our watch supervisor arranged. I have a list of all the people I can remember out there, but I have misplaced it so will have to start again. I do remember Capt Lucas as one, but as an REM i moved in different social circles.
I have a load of photos that I need to digitise and post on this site and as I was into photography and used the darkroom on base, i can assure you I have quite a few. I will get into that as soon as I can.
I think I have bored you all enough for now and will wish you all a Happy Christmas and will get into this probably in the New Year
Eric Smiley Cool

IP Logged

Mike and Ann Tierney 73 - 75

HMS Mauritius best draft
ever...

Re: An Rem's View 1773-1976
Reply #1 - 14th Aug, 2016 at 3:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
Looking forward to seeing your pictures/memories. Mike & Ann 73 thro 75

http://www.hmsmauritius.co.uk/mikeandanntierneypics.htm

IP Logged