Normal Topic Do you remember Vic Fox and his family 1970-73? (Read 504 times)
Fox70-73

I Love HMS Mauritius

Do you remember Vic Fox and his family 1970-73?
15th Mar, 2017 at 2:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
:Hi my dad was Victor Fox - radio supervisor based at HMS Mauritius from 1970-73. Dad died in 1984 when he was only in his early 40s. At the moment my sisters and I are visiting Mauritius together - mum was Amy Fox and me and my sisters are Sue (7 until 11 years old), Janette (6 until 10 years old) and Kye (michaela then - was 6 months to 4 years old). Yesterday we took a trip down memory lane and saw the flat we lived in, and went to see our old school. It was knocked down 10 years ago... luckily I got photos of it 12 years ago when it hadn't changed a bit. We then tried to find Dhunys bungalow where we lived before moving into the flats but couldn't find it. Then off to Le Chaland - wow!!! We were giddy with excitement - we were children again - French Chaland still has the most awesome waves. We intend on going to Le Morne while we are here - dad used to organise ex-beds and we have lots of memories... but can't remember if we went there or not. We will know when we see it. The names of school friends I remember were Jane Hanson, Carol and Sharon Sykes and Peter Dendy. It is great being here again. Grin
--

IP Logged

MarkyMark

I Love HMS Mauritius

Re: Do you remember Vic Fox and his family 1970-73?
Reply #1 - 8th May, 2017 at 9:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi I am Jane Hanson's brother, Mark. I do remember your family, mainly from Bonne Terre, before we transferred to the base. My Dad was Len and I do remember our parents being friends. Strangely enough, Dad died in 1985 aged 50. Something to do with the lifestyle I think. I can tell you that Jane moved to Australia many years ago and is very happy over there. Mum also in Aus and still going strong. All the best.

IP Logged